Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Days like this remind me why I have a blog...

Don't get me wrong; I'm well aware that I get things wrong often enough.

But today kinda made me chuckle.

As the Ducks beat the Wings tonight to move on to the Stanley Cup Finals, as miserable as it makes me feel on a personal level it was kind of cool that I...

Predicted they'd win the series in 6 games 14 days ago as well as predicting the Ducks wouldn't be beaten in the West 39 days ago.

Even cooler... did anyone tell you about this Lincecum guy who out-dueled Roy Oswalt tonight sooner than I did?

Sorry for the self-patting on the back, but you know what? I'm having a bad day, and damnit, I'm going to give myself some props. It is my blog after all isn't it?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Having fun poppin' ya coller?

Anonymous said...

I wish you wouldn't take it so personally, but at least you did call it right... let's go OTTAWA!

Anonymous said...

Well you sure called it. I thought wings would win, but what are you gonna do. Hopefully Senators take care of business.

As for Lincecom. great call. On my fantasy team thanks to you.

Anonymous said...

HEATLEY BELONGS IN JAIL. REMEMBER VEHICULAR HOMICIDE IN GEORGIA?! ROB NIEDERMEYER IS AWESOME AND PRONGER, WELL IS ZEUS ON THE ICE. IF THEY HAVE A GOOD SERIES....SPEZZA, HEATLEY, AND ALFREDSON BITE THE DUST!! BESIDES FRENCH-CANADIAN GOALIES RULE....IF ANYONE SHOULD KNOW THAT, YOU CONSOLAZIO'S SHOULD!! WHERE IS ROB BLAKE?! WE MISS YOU!!

Anonymous said...

MY FAMILY IS BLOODY CANADIAN AND I HATE OTTAWA!!

Anonymous said...

can hasek play golf? he looks kinda stupido.

Anonymous said...

How in the world can a Canadian not vote for OTTAWA? Where is your loyalty anonymous? It is definitely their time to win, Ducks have lots of time to win, they are babies... plenty of time for them to get a cup...

Anonymous said...

Differance of opinion......love Pronger and Robby....you guy's hate me now?! If Luc played for Anahein, you would'nt hate them!!

Anonymous said...

that Hasek really gets paid to lay on his back?

Josh said...

Okay, Vegas. I keep checking back here at Vegas Dave's Dime in hopes of finding an answer. Friends of mine look to me to know what the hell is going on in the realm of sports, but this whole "hockey thing", I still don't know what to think. I have to read this blog before talking about hockey or I become one of those guys in the EPSNews commercials who talks sports out of his- uh, ignorance. (Granted, if you wanna talk NBA, you know where to go.)

So I differ to you.

Ottawa has gotten hot over the last few weeks and keep defying the odds (at least the odds given to them by you) and advancing in the postseason. The Ducks, well, I don't want to cause you any more mental anguish, but the fact remains that they made it to the finals.

I ask you only because we - your loyal readership - need to know.

Anaheim Ducks or Ottawa Senators

WHO YA GOT?